Friday, October 25, 2013

Instructions on Clean Shirts and Late Starts

Earlier this month Jules was in Pennsylvania helping Kate and Nate with the arrival of Savannah, their new daughter, Porter's new sister, and our new Granddaughter. Exciting times!

Before she went, Jules left me instructions about Wookie. Things like, "Remember this Tuesday is not late start but next Tuesday is" - referring to the school's start times.

I found out Jules also left instructions for Wookie about me.

"Mom told me not to let you continue wearing shirts if you got stains on them."

"How am I doing?" I asked

"Good, so far"

I made Wookie's job a little easier by not making Spaghetti and sauce during Jule's absence.

As far as my job to remember late start, no dice. On the second Tuesday, when I noticed Wookie didn't get up at her usual 0620, I popped my head in her room and said "Hey, its 6:30"

Without rolling over she gave me this classic response: "That means nothing to me"  and went back to sleep.

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog posts! You should write more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, really enjoy the ordinary yet revealing things you share, Dave! Write more often!

    ReplyDelete